Audioconference ServicesTelecommunications offers several audioconference options:
- Originator Controlled Conference - Up to Six Participants
- Local Number Conference - Up to 24 Participants
- 800 Number for One-Time Use
- 800 Number for Permanent Use
- Dial 181.
- When you hear a "confirmation tone," proceed to dial the first participant's number.
- Press FLASH/TAP (the hang-up button) to bring the first participant into the conference.
- Press FLASH/TAP to get out to call the second participant.
- Dial the second participant's number.
- Press FLASH/TAP to bring the second participant into the conference.
- Continue until all participant are brought into the conference.
- If any person does not answer or cannot be in on the call, pressing FLASH/TAP and dialing 184 removes that number from the conference and allows the originator to proceed.
With this service, an office phone is not needed to originate the conference. It requires prearrangement with Telecommunications via email (no work order is required). Participants within the local area code can use this service without extra charges. Participants from outside the local area code can join the conference, but will need to pay standard long distance rates.
To arrange a local number conference, send an email to email@example.com. Please provide the following information:
- Name of the person holding the conference
- Phone number of the person requesting the conference (If the requestor is different from the person holding the conference, please provide both phone numbers.)
- Number of participants
- Date and time of the conference
- Approximate duration of the conference
If some participants are outside of the local area code, this audioconference option allows conferees to call an 800 number at a prearranged date and time without incurring long-distance charges. To use this service, submit an Audioconference One-Time 800 Number work order [DOC] | [PDF] to Telecommunications two to three business days before the event.
The audioconference is charged at $0.05 per minute for each participant. If the audioconference is not used and not cancelled three hours in advance, the originating customer will incur a charge of $3.50 per prearranged caller.
If the 800 number conference is used regularly by a department or office, a permanent 800 conference line can be established. The department will not need to arrange a conference each time with Telecommunications.
A rate of $0.05 per minute for each participant applies for each conference using a permanent 800 number, up to 20 participants per call. For conferences with more than 20 participants, please contact Telecommunications for pricing.
To apply, submit an Audioconference Permanent 800 Number work order [DOC] | [PDF]. Telecommunications will provide your department with an 800 number that you are able to use at your convenience. If you need the leader or participant passcode reset, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979.845.1020.
With the permanent 800 number, departments can use the Web Moderator online interface and the Mobile Conference Connector:
Instant Meeting Web Moderator Guide - provides meeting leaders with online tools to manage audioconferences.
Instant Meeting Mobile Conference Connector - enables participants to use a BlackBerry or Windows Mobile device to participate in audioconferences.
Instant Meeting Mobile Conference Connector for BlackBerry Devices User Guide